Affordable High-End Jewellery Services in Melbourne
GN Jewellers in one of the only retailers in Melbourne that can offer such a wide range of highly specialized jewellery services. This is because of our rich history in Melbourne as a leading figure in the industry. Browse our services below, and then reach out to set up an appointment.
Diamonds are forever, but jewellery is highly delicate, and prone to wear and tear. We repair all types of jewellery – anything that is damaged or broken can be fixed up in our jewellery workshop by our professional Goldsmiths.
Because we have a wealth of experience, we can repair jewellery that others don’t have the expertise for – at a better rate than the competitors.
What to expect:
- All jewellery repairs and customizations: ring sizing, bracelet repairs, setting missing stones, and more.
- Free estimate for all pieces brought into our shop for inspection.
- Fast turnaround – most repairs are returned in less than a week.
- All repair work is guaranteed for one year
Jewellery Polishing and Cleaning
There is something magical about taking a dull piece of jewellery and making it shine like new. However, using incorrect methods of cleaning materials can cause great damage.
Proper cleaning is an art form. Here is our basic process, broken down into simple terms:
- Examination: we look for small cracks in gems, or damage in the mount.
- Initial cleaning: dirty jewellery makes stones look dull, and metal loses its lustre. Initial cleaning involves soaking with an appropriate cleaning solution in a ultrasonic machine, after which the pieces are scrubbed and dried.
- Polishing: we only polish items which should have a shiny surface. If the piece has a matte or satin finish, this part should be skipped. Minor scratches can also be fixed during this phase.
At some point in life, you may have received jewellery as a gift, but wish it was slightly remodeled. In such cases, you might want to transform older, unwanted or inherited jewellery into something to suit you.
Unfortunately, remodeling can only be done by the few skilled experts in Melbourne – GN Jeweller remodeling services leads the field by miles.
Come in for an obligation-free design appointment: we will discuss the type of piece that you would like, and plan for something that suits your taste and budget.
GN Jewellers can remodel existing pieces of jewellery, or even use a collection broken jewellery pieces to create something completely new.
In Melbourne, jewellery valuations may be required for a number of reasons, the most common being for insurance purposes.
Other reasons may include a private sale or just for personal interest.
At GN Jewellers, our expert appraisers can examine your jewellery and provide a written valuation – this can act as a legal document for insurance purposes.
As part of the process, our team will take digital photographs, note all distinguishing features, and write a full description of each item.
Jewellery Insurance Quotes
A jewellery insurance policy can provide comprehensive coverage against various scenarios (like a mysterious disappearance) that may not be covered by standard homeowners or renters insurance.
In Melbourne rates for such protections vary. GN Jewellers highly recommend QReport over most other Insurers. GN Jewellers can help arrange protection for the following:
- Loss: you left your ring somewhere and can’t find it.
- Theft: if your cherished jewellery is stolen, this protection will make sure that it can be replaced quickly.
- Damage: if you hit your diamond ring on the edge of a table and it cracks, this policy will cover the damages.
Expert Jewellery Advice
Our Master Jewellers and expert gemologists can provide you with the best advice across the board: choose the ideal piece to suit your budget; design a custom piece; remodel an existing piece; a wide range of insurance and probate valuations.
Conclusion: Melbourne’s Best Jewellery Services
Our wide range of top-end jewellery services began in Melbourne in the 1950s, when Arthur Pallas began his career in jewellery design and retailing.
Arthur and his (former apprentice and now current business partner) Nicholas Vrettas opened their first boutique store, Diamond Affaire in the Royal Arcade, in the 1990s. In 2002 Steve Pallas joined the business, and quickly developed to become Director and Business Partner in place of his retiring father.
In 2005, the business moved into Hardware Lane under the name of G&N Jewellers. The previous owners, Nick & George Pappas have retired from the business, but retained a close relationship with the business.
Today, GN Jewellers is a trusted name in the Melbourne Jewellery market, offering services that would would not have been possible without the rich experience cultivated over so many years.
Learn more about GN Jewellers.